Things you need to know about maintaining your Commercial Dishwasher
Every commercial kitchen benefits from having a commercial dishwasher that can wash and sanitize large numbers of dishes efficiently. A commercial dishwasher is considered a good investment because, if properly cared for and maintained, can provide service for up to 20 years. Replacing or repairing a broken commercial dishwasher is not only a big expense, but it can also significantly slow the workflow of your commercial kitchen.
Commercial dishwashers are made to sustain a heavy workload daily, but they also require daily maintenance to keep them operating efficiently and effectively for years, avoiding unnecessary breakdown costs and downtime in the kitchen.
Failing to take good care of your commercial dishwasher could mean the dishes come out cloudy and not sufficiently cleaned. Or, the machine could suddenly stop working at a time that is most inconvenient. It is imperative you read the Owner’s Manual to ensure you operate and maintain your commercial dishwasher correctly.
Make sure all staff are trained in the correct use and maintenance of your dishwasher to prolong its life and service. Establish a streamlined routine for maximum efficiency and to ensure no step is neglected. Always scrape and rinse dishes to remove as much food as possible before placing in the dishwasher. Failing to do so will clog the filter.
Here is an example of standard dishwasher daily maintenance steps, however bear in mind there is variation to this process, depending on the size and make of your commercial dishwasher equipment.
In the Morning:
- Check if the filter and overflow tube are on the right place.
- Switch on the machine with 0n-off button.
- Machine will start to fill with water.
- During the filling, open the door to make sure both washing arms are turning/spinning.
- When the water tank and boiler arrive at the right temperature (10 to 20 minutes depending on machine) a light will come on the front panel.
- Now the machine is ready for use.
During the Day:
- After about 20 cycles its recommended to change the water, remove the overflow and wait for the tank to empty.
- Put the overflow pipe back into its spot and close the door, the machine will refill the water tank and start refilling.
- You can now start using the machine.
At the End of the Day:
- Remove the overflow pipe and wait for the tank to empty.
- Switch off the machine with the on-off button.
- Switch on the machine for 30 seconds to rinse the water tank.
- Clean the filter inside the water tank.
- Put the filter back into correct position and leave the door slightly open.
Have a certified dishwasher technician (ask your supplier) inspect the machine, remove scale from the heating elements, and diagnose other hidden problems you may not identify. We suggest you ask your supplier to implement a half-yearly maintenance program.
Are you looking for commercial dishwashing or glasswashing equipment? Our team of experts at ACE Catering Equipment are perfectly placed to advise and assist you, on all commercial catering equipment requirements. We provide the best quality, best prices and great service everytime! Contact us today, phone: 07 3279 5204, or mobile: 0414 887 298, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org