The Scope of Project Work
Whether you are a coffee shop owner, restauranteur or you operate a mass corporate catering facility, the correct design of your commercial catering premises is critical to your business success.
To avoid costly mistakes, we highly recommended you enlist the professional services of an industry expert to manage the project from design through to fit-out of your commercial kitchen, bar and service areas. Some businesses opt for assistance with certain stages of the project such as design and/or procurement of commercial catering equipment. Whereas, others opt for a full turn key package.
Here’s a summary of what’s involved in the project process
- On-site consultation – the contractor meets with the client to discuss service requirements, goals and budget. They will also take measurements, noting existing services and proposed location of new equipment, then draw up rough layout of the space of the space.
- Concept Development – accounting for work flow patterns, area optimisation and presentation.
- Equipment Selection – recommend equipment best suited to the needs of the business. ACE Catering Equipment can supply and install all your catering equipment needs, including custom stainless-steel benching, shelving, exhaust canopies, refrigeration, heated cabinets, display and self-serve cabinets to design specifications and standards.
- Schematics/Design Documentation – a detailed schematic is created, demonstrating the services layout, equipment positioning (allowing for space when doors are opened etc.) and elevations; including above slab electrical/plumbing requirements needed for each item. Note: It is important the plans are user-friendly and easy for the client to follow.
- Health Department/Council submissions – plans must meet the requirements of both Council and Health department regulations. Depending on the scope of the project, either the business owner or project consultant will submit these plans for approval.Once Health Department/Council approvals are received the project can be implemented.
- Fit-Out – utilising the services of a shopfitter, or this can be coordinated by your project contractor.
As part of our project service, ACE Catering Equipment can provide:
- Delivery of all equipment to site, unpacking and site positioning.
- Custom manufacture of stainless steel benching, mechanical exhaust systems and specific equipment.
- Installation of all equipment and stainless-steel fabrication.
- Coordination of electrical, plumbing, gas and shop fitting trades.
- Commissioning of all equipment and staff training.
With years of industry experience and connecting with industry partners, ACE Catering Equipment is perfectly positioned to assist with all your project needs; from site selection / commercial kitchen and food service design / equipment selection / council requirements and licences / commercial catering fitouts / leasing and finance plus more! Contact us today to book an obligation free consultation, Ph. (07) 3279 5204